Happy New Year! No matter what 2019 has in store for you, I hope you’ll make it a year of great READING! I firmly believe in every reader’s right to choose and enjoy whatever they like, but if you find yourself wanting to read more this year or push your boundaries, you might be interested in joining a reading challenge this year.
Here are some 2019 reading challenges to check out. Some offer prizes or incentives for finishing, some are just for the fun of it!
- Modern Mrs. Darcy’s 2019 Reading Challenge – if you’re ready to expand your reading a bit, this is a great one to start with. It has 10 categories including “a book in translation” and “a book outside your (genre) comfort zone”
- Book Riot’s 2019 Read Harder Challenge – this one’s designed to really push your boundaries with 24 categories like “a book of manga” and “a book written in prison”
- The A to Z Challenge – can you read a book starting with each letter of the alphabet this year?
- The Audiobook Challenge – this is a great one to check out if you love audiobooks or if you’re new to reading with your ears
- Check out a huge master list of 2019 Reading Challenges here – there’s something for everyone!
And, of course, your friendly librarians are always excited to help you find any type of book for one of these challenges or anytime.
What are your reading goals for 2019?
— Abby Johnson, Collection Development Lead