Laptops must be used inside the Library only.
Notebook computers are available for checkout only for cardholders who do not have more than $5.00 in fines.
Notebook computers are available for short-term loan from the Circulation department for use in the library only.
Adult library card holders (18 years of age or older) are permitted to check out a notebook computer. The notebook computers are configured to connect to the library’s wireless network and are capable of printing to the library’s wireless print system. For questions about acceptable use or Internet filtering, please see the library’s Computer and Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
A current driver’s license or valid state or federal identification card and another current form of identification must be submitted and will be held until the notebook and all accessories are returned. The address on the library card record must match the address on the driver’s license, state or federal identification card.
Notebook computers are loaned for a period of four (4) hours with a two (2) hour extension available upon request to the Circulation department. The extension will be granted as long as there are additional notebook computers available when the patron’s initial time has expired. Notebooks returned late are subject to an overdue fine of $10 per hour or portion thereof. Patrons who remove notebook computers from the library will be charged for the full replacement cost and the library reserves the right to contact law enforcement and report the same as theft.
Notebooks are available for checkout during the following hours and must be returned to the Circulation desk no later than the posted time:
Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
The Computer Loan Agreement form contains the following acknowledgements:
- I agree to accept full responsibility for the notebook computer while it is checked out to me. I will handle the notebook with extreme care.
- I agree to keep the notebook in in my possession at all times. I will not leave it unattended while using the restroom, talking to others, or searching for research materials and understand I can only leave it in the care of a library circulation employee. I will not let others use the notebook.
- I agree not to tamper with the notebook hardware or software. Flash drive use is permitted, but no software should be installed.
- I agree to be financially responsible for nay damage above normal wear and tear. Repair costs will be determined by the library’s selected repair service. If the notebook is determined to be damaged beyond repair, the full cost of the notebook will be charged to me.
- I agree that the library may use any appropriate means to collect the amount owed for fines, damages, loss or theft.
- I agree not to remove the notebook from the library. I understand that removal of the notebook from the library is considered theft, the police will be notified and I will be charged the full replacement cost of the notebook.