- Handicap designated parking is located in the rear parking lot, at the corner of Elm and Scribner.
- Handicap assist doors are available at upper and lower level entrances.
- Handicap accessible restrooms are located on the lower level (via elevator from upper level).
- A wheelchair accessible ADA work station is available on each level (click HERE for more information).
- A wheelchair accessible Public Access Catalog is available on the upper level.
If you have any questions about accessibility, please contact the Reference Department at 812-949-3523, and our staff will be glad to assist you.
- Shirt, pants/shorts/skirts/dresses and shoes are required. Swimwear is not acceptable in the library.
- Acceptable attire and appropriate behavior are required.
- Food, pets, and smoking outside only please.
- Soft drinks with screw-on lids are now permitted in the library.
- See Building Use Policy.
- See Computer and Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
Friends of the Library
- For donations of books to the Friends of the Library book sales, the drop box is located on the lower level, Elm Street entryway.
- For large donations, please seek assistance of library staff.
- See Friends page.
- The New Albany-Floyd County Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
- See Human Resources
Lost and Found
- Articles are held at the Upper Circulation desk for 30 days.
- See Get a Card
- Free parking is located across Scribner Drive on the west side of the library.
- Some parking is available in the small rear parking lot on the north side of the library (Elm Street).
- Handicap designated parking is located in the rear parking lot.
- Word processing and Internet access are available in the Reference Services area.
- Children twelve or younger and adults with children twelve or younger may use the computer workstations located in the Children’s department.
- Computer in the Indiana History Room are reserved for genealogy research.
- Public Access Catalogs are located throughout the building.
- Coin-operated copiers are located at Upper Circulation, Reference, Indiana History Room, and Teen Services.
- Currently, black and white copies (letter and legal) are available for 10¢ per page, and color copies for 25¢ per page (letter and legal).
- Black and white 11 x 17 copies are 20¢ per page, and color 11 x 17 copies are 50¢ per page.
- Color printing from computer workstations is available in Reference, Teen Services, and Children’s Services, for 25¢ per page.
- Restrooms are located on the upper level near the center of the building, on the lower level near the auditorium and near Teen Services.
- Tours for Adults and Young Adults can be arranged by Reference Services
- Tours for children can be arranged by the Children’s Department.
- For their safety and security, children under six must be directly supervised by a caregiver 14 years of age or older.
- Children under ten must be accompanied by a caregiver in the building.
Video and Book After Hours Drop Boxes
- Book drop boxes as well as video/audio drop boxes are located at the rear of the building (Elm Street parking lot), Ayers Street (east side), and Scribner Street (west side).