The Stuart Barth Wrege Indiana History Room is a special library within the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library. The focus is on Floyd County and Indiana History, as well as Genealogy. All of the resources in this room are for research and reference only.
- Floyd County health office birth records, 1882 – 1926 (on microfilm with book indexes).
- New Albany city health office birth records, 1882 – 1925 (on microfilm with book indexes).
- Chapel Hill Cemetery
- Fairview Cemetery
- Galena Gleanings
- Galena Methodist Cemetery
- Greenlawn Cemetery
- Mt. Eden Cemetery
- Mt. Tabor Cemetery
- National Cemetery
- St. Mary of the Knobs Catholic Cemetery
- St. Mary’s Navilleton Catholic Cemetery
- West Haven Cemetery
- Wolfe Cemetery
- New Albany city directories, 1845 – 1920 (available through this website).
- New Albany city directories, 1848 – 1925 (microfilm).
- New Albany city directories, 1925 – present (books).
- Floyd County health office death records, 1882 – 1959 (on microfilm with book indexes).
- New Albany city health office death records, 1882 – 1959 (on microfilm with book indexes).
- Deeds, 1819 – 1973 (microfilm).
- Indexes, 1819 – 1999 (microfilm).
- Plat Maps, 1810 – 1954.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, 1886 – 1963.
- Topographical maps by town or township.
- Floyd County marriage licenses, 1819 – 1920 (on microfilm, with book indexes).
- Floyd County marriage licenses, 1920 – 1922 (on microfilm, without index).
- Floyd County marriage licenses, 1922 – 1938 (in PDF format, with index).
- Floyd County marriage licenses, 1938 – 2007 are available at the Floyd County Clerk‘s site.
- Floyd County naturalization records, 1854 – 1927 (on microfilm, with book index).
- New Albany, 1847 – present (with index, available through this website).
Orphanages & Nursing Homes
- Cornelia Memorial Orphan Home Records, 1877 – 1954.
- Culbertson Home for Old Ladies, some records.
- Local photographs, including buildings and steamboats (also available for viewing through this website).
- New Albany School Board Minutes, 1824 – 1969.
- Floyd County School Board Minutes, 1902 – 1956.
- Floyd County Graduation Records, 1892 – 1952.
- Floyd County Teacher Licenses, 1899 – 1933.
Wills & Probate
- Wills, 1853 – 1921 (usually indexed in front of each will book).
- Will Abstracts, 1854 – 1867.
- Probate Abstracts, 1819 – 1837.
- Probate Order Books, 1819 – 1854 (indexed on microfilm).
This room also houses the collection of the Southern Indiana Genealogical Society. Their collection includes family histories, cemetery listings, ship passenger lists, and the entire set of (microfilmed) select & non-select Revolutionary War Pension Applications.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (812) 949-3527, or at email@example.com.